Visit the settlement Sysert and sights in its environs
The tour lasts: 5-6 hours
Season: all year around
The price includes:
- entrance to museum
The price doesn’t include: Photo- and video in museums
In time of excursion we’ll visit the settlement Sysert, Mt. Besenkovaya, Lake Talkov Kamien, Bazhov’s house.
Sysert (named after the river Sysert) is situated 30 km south from the city Ekaterinburg. It spreads on steep slopes covered with coniferous forest of the deep valley of the river Sysert, and on the banks of ponds at the foot of Mt. Besenkovaya
This mountain and Sysertskii pond are the main sights of the local landscape - from the upper part of the mountain a spectacular panorama of the city and the river valley opens before us. Mt. Besenkovaya is the highest peak in the area. At its base the first buildings of the Sysert metallurgical factory were built. On the peak and slopes, signs of primitive men were found - among them bronze bird idols – similar to those found on the top of Mt. Azov near the town Polevskoi, arrow-heads and stone boomerangs.
The first settlement was based here in 1732, in connection with construction the metallurgical factory on the river Sysert.
In the first quarter of the 19th century Sysert’s metallurgical factory was one of the largest enterprises in the Urals. Sysert was known as the administrative centre of the rich mountain district, including Severskii and Polevskoi metallurgical factories, tin mines, gold mines and many subsidiary manufacturing enterprises and services. Sysert’s factory smelted cast iron and manufactured iron articles. At various exhibitions the factory received many awards for the excellent quality of its production, on which the brand - the image of a heron, was put.
One of the sights in the region is Lake Talkov Kamien - located in a westerly direction 4 – 5 km from the town centre near Mt. Chernovskoi Uval. The lake has an artificial origin - it is an old abandoned talc mine, which was flooded by subterranean waters. Talc schist was mined here by hand in the last decades of the 19th century and was used as a fire retardant material in the metallurgical factories of the former Sysert mountain district.
The town's main tourist attraction is Bazhov's house.
Pavel Petrovizh Bazhov (1879-1950) is one of the most famous Russian writers. He is widely popular because he wrote many fairy-tales dedicated to the Urals and local craftsmen. The house holds many unique objects of Russian people daily life of the 19th and early 20th centuries. The exhibits include works made by gifted local artists and also kitchen utensils, spinning wheels, weaving loom, Russian sledges and other objects created by anonymous folk craftsmen.
If you are interested in this excursion, please write us email@example.com or just click here.
Some more excursions in environs of Ekaterinburg